Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Manic Monday!!

Well, it's Monday...again. The weather was beautiful this weekend and i had a house full of kids which i just love and things were looking good. Then, the other shoe drops. This mess with Dalton is taking on toll on everyone! He will have a good day and then BAM, he feels bad for a couple of days. Thursday and Friday of last week he felt crummy and i took him the see Dr. Brandy and we tested for strep and even though it was negative she felt that since i have cardiomyopathy and i had some little ones with a baby sister at home, that she needed to treat him for it anyway. Don't you love it when you have a great doctor!! Anyway, Saturday morning all of the boys and i got up and ran to Matthews for a church sponsered yard sale and then went to play at the park. Dalton played for about 15 minutes and then came to sit with me. He said "Mom, i am just so tired!" We stayed for another 30 minutes or so to let the Jonah enjoy the slide and then we went home and had lunch. Dalton said that he wasn't really hungry and went to his room. I cleaned up the kitchen and went to check on him. He was sleeping away. Jonah kept going in there and kept tapping his cast and tried hard to get him to get up and play. Finally that sweet baby laid his passie on the nightstand and walked out. I couldn't help but laugh!! Jonah went down for his nap and Noah and Evan played. Noah did his quiet time and he was so sweet too when he came in to check with me about the nap agreement. I tell him that he doesn't have to sleep just rest and then he can play as much as he wants too. He checks with me atleast 4 times and i firmly believe that he will be a great business man oneday! That kid can convience you of anything!!! Gotta love them!!! Dalton slept for 2 hours and came into the den wth the passie in his hand and was like... you got to be kidding me. How old am i again!!! After everyone was up and moving we went to some friends house and the boys played baseball and basketball. We went on the golf cart and discovered that like last time, Jonah wanted no part of the moving vehicle! He hated the 4-wheeler and now the golf cart too. After the second trip around the 6 acres we were on, he was hooked!! He would come and get me and say "go ride Amy"!! We went to see the cows and donkey's and we had a great time!! Finally, it was time for Heather and Andrew to come and get them and i was reallly sad to see them go. I really appreciate Heather letting me borrow them! I missed so much of when my were little since i was so sick and now i hate to miss a minute of anything! I love all three of those babies like they are mine! My kids think of them as siblings too! I love to watch all of them run through the field and push each other on the swings! Last night i was talking to my Aunt Bonnie and she was asking how Dalton was and i was going over everything with her and then he came into the den crying! I asked him what was wrong and he said that he just hurt all over and couldn't get comfortable. I gave him some Motrin and finally around 2:30 he was asleep. I ended up putting him in the bed with me. He tossed and turned and cried in his sleep all night. Poor fella didn't look very rested this morning but we had to go to school anyway. I keep waiting on the phone to ring saying that i need to come and get him. 1:00, so far so good. There has got to be something that we are overlooking with Dalton's health. He has been tested for everything under the sun and thankfully it has all been negative. It is so hard to look at your child and know that they just feel terrible. Dalton was a full term baby and has been sick since he was 10 days old. Evan on the other hand was 8 weeks early and been extremely healthy!! Praise the Lord!! Things will get back to normal around here sometime and then i will be running to the ballfield and cleaning up the kitchen after late dinners! My family and i really appreciate all of the prayers that have gone out on our behalf. We feel them constantly. A very good friend of mine prayed over Dalton saturday morning and i could see the love of Jesus on her face while she prayed! She told me that i needed to believe that things were going to be better. Not in my time, but in the Lord's time. That is my biggest problem. When i want something done, i want it done right then. I hate to wait! Miracles happen everyday all around us. Sometimes we are too busy to notice them and we often forget the thank God when they do happen. I try to start my day by saying Praise the Lord, but lately i have started my days with, i wonder how this day is going to be. I feel like i am fighting a loosing battle. A battle that is not only happening physically but mentallly as well. I know that there are so many children that are sick and dying and i can't imagine what those parents are dealing with. Whether you have children, young or old can you imagine how it must feel to spend your days watching your child grow sicker? You see it on T.V. and read about it all of the time, but until you walk in someone else's shoes, you haven't a clue. I do thank God daily that we are all safe and healthy. We all should. Things here could be a lot different and you never know day to day how one incident can change your entire life. Right now it is so quiet in my house. All is hear is the sound of Georgia (our BIG dog) snoring, pretty soon all i will hear are the boys arguing or playing games and doors slamming as they head outside! These are the sounds that remind me that i am a mom and i need to just sit back and let them be little! God Bless!

1 comment: