Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We had a blessing!!!

Since last Wednesday, my oldest son Dalton has been complaining of being tired and not eating very well. After getting another cast on Wednesday of last week, i called his doctor and they told me to bring him in Thursday morning after i dropped Evan off at school. So we headed over to Dr. Brandy's office and she drew a lot of blood and then Dalton heard the bad news. It was time for his 6th grade shots. Even though he is just in 5th grade, we figured that while we were there.. why not!!! You have to get 6 shots and Dalton has been through alot of sticks and pricks in his short life so he was determined to be brave. Well, by shot number 3 he was in tears. Big tears!!! He said that he was going to warn other kids about the dangers of going into the 6th grade. When it was finally over, he said "that wasn't so bad". Ha! Yeah right!! A few years ago, Dalton developed some white sores in his mouth and we had 2 biopsy's and with each we got a different diagnoses. Every time he has a flare up of these things he gets really tired and starts loosing weight. We have been going on the good road until now. It's started again. So, we have been tested for everything under the sun. Usually when we have labs drawn we have the results the next day. Not this time. I had to wait until Tuesday to get them. That was the longest 5 days of my life. I couldn't get the thought out of my head that my child might have cancer or lupus or something else that I couldn't fix!!! That is my job!!! I have to kiss away anything bad that happens!! To me, that is how all moms feel. His white counts have been through the roof lately but according to the labs, everything is normal! It's amazing what the power of prayer can do. I believe that if you call the person by name they will be healed. If you haven't tried it, give it a whirl!! He is still laying around and wanting to sleep all of the time. We are going to have another biopsy soon and maybe we can get some answers from that! Keep praying and we will all see more great things!! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment